Thursday, September 30, 2021

Custom Plush Creations from Me to You, for Charity

 A couple of weeks before Christmas 2018 I got a wild hare to sew a kitty plushy (or stuffy, or stuffed animal, or whatever you happen to call them in your home.) I found a great pattern from cholyknight.com for this Kitty Bean Plush. I used some flippy sequin fabric salvaged from a Dollar Tree gift bag for her belly and ears. It was a lot of fun to sew, and I immediately recognized that if I was going to make one for my first daughter, I'd better make one for the second daughter as well! Kitty #2 turned out even better, and by then the bug had bitten. I've hardly put down my needle and thread - or stopped haunting the remnants bins at JoAnn Fabrics - since!

Dragon Heat Pack
 

The problem? My kids had too many plushies to begin with. I am not nearly ready to stop sewing, but I need a new outlet. 

Here's where you come in: 

I would love to make a plushy for You. You choose the pattern (from any of the ones on www.cholyknight.com) and the colors, and I'll give you a quote. While it will depend on the size and complexity of the pattern, whether you want special fabrics such as fur, sequins, or shiny, and especially whether you want a pouch or heating pad built in, you can be confident it should come in between $15 for the little guys to $30 for the largest and most complex.
But the best news is that I'm not going to keep your money. In fact, I'm going to donate every cent of it to one of three charities: Zoe InternationalMountain Ministries, or a missions fund of City's Edge Church.

Interested? Reply in here, in this post's comments, or thru Facebook if you know me. Let's talk!

 






Mr Tumnus the Fawn

 





No comments: