Fairies In A Jar: Easy Gift Idea

My daughter is always drawn to the beautifully packaged craft kits when we walk through a store like Michael's or Joann Fabrics. I am too, but not so much the price: $15 - $20 for maybe $5 worth of supplies and a nice instruction sheet? I can do better!
Remembering the fun we had with our Flower Fairies last month, I suggested we make a fairy kit for one of our little friends who is having a birthday, and as I was about to get a plain ol' zip-top bag to package the supplies, I happened across a Mason jar instead. Voila: fairies in a jar!

Here's what we packed inside:
* One "silk" flower (from a Dollar Tree bush), separated into petals and leaves
* Four green pipe cleaners
* Two wooden beads for heads
* Hand-full of pretty plastic beads
* Two 4-inch hanks of embroidery floss

I hung a tag with a link to the instructions on ribbons around the neck of the jar, and that was it.
Quick, easy, pretty, and best of all, cheap! *

Here's my tag image if you want to print your own. It's a little "quick and dirty," but it has the key info! (It's designed to fit on an 8.5x11 sheet)
* We had all these supplies on hand. If you're buying special, expect to pay about $2 for pipe cleaners, $3 for wooden beads, $1 for a flower bush, $0.35 for some DMC floss, and $1 or so for extra beads (optional). That's less than $8, and will make at least dozen fairies, especially if you buy two flower bushes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ridiculously Simple Alphabet Game

Jambalaya in your Instant Pot

Crochet Pattern: Princess Fleurette of Cork