Make a jar of Microwave Brownie Mug Mix


I learned how to make mug brownies from this instructable. After making them for myself a couple of times, I got the idea to make a mix from the dry ingredients and give it to a friend as a birthday gift.

Mix Recipe:
1 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa powder (unsweetened)
About 1/8 tsp salt, give or take

Sift together. If you don't own a sifter (like me), make sure you mix Really well and get all the lumps out of the cocoa powder.
I doubled the recipe above and put into a large glass Adams peanut butter jar. I covered the jar lid with some pretty fabric and ribbon, printed out the recipe (below) and taped it to the jar. Instant yummy present!

To make a single serving from the mix, put 1/2 C plus 2 Tbsp of mix in a mug, and add 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp water. Mix well, and microwave for about 1 minute. You can sub 1 Tbsp applesauce for 1 Tbsp of the oil without impacting the texture or flavor.

Comments

Pink Green Bean said…
LOVE all of your ideas! you are so creative! I totally lost my creative brain cells with my pregnancies...please keep up the great work and sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ridiculously Simple Alphabet Game

Jambalaya in your Instant Pot

Crochet Pattern: Princess Fleurette of Cork